There was absolutely no sub in that text.
Nov. 1st, 2006 06:27 pmI am in an awful, awful mood today, and if I write about that, it will be a whinging, nasty, self-centered rant.
Wow. The writers have to know how slashtastic last night's episode was, don't they? It's not just me, right? A rectal thermometer, veiled threats, posturing, squaring off... Good god, House and Officer Whoever wanted each other baaaad.
Someone elsewhere commented that she didn't like how cliched the cop's character was, but I have to say I disagree. The stereotype of the bully cop is usually all brawn, no brain, an easily provoked muscle-bound thug with a license to carry a gun and a shitload of inferiority issues. David Morse's cop (and what is it with him playing only nasty characters anymore, Hack aside?) was calm, intelligent, and willing to play his cards over the course of a few days, which is actually scarier to me. He seems like a decent cop, too (and clearly a detective) because he used the things he had observed about House to make his arrest later.
No idea how that's going to end up. Certainly House won't be imprisoned for any length of time, since he's the star of the fucking show, and the addiction angle has already been done to death, hasn't it?
I know it's not a medical show, really. But I am a bit tired of the liberties the writers take with the simplest protocols -- liberties that are the only way to serve the plot most of the time. Giving a patient a rectal exam, and using a rectal thermometer? A nurse is going to be in that room. Come on. I know it's part of House's arrogance that he does whatever the hell he wants but hospital procedure should dictate some protections, if not for the patients, then for the doctors (which is usually why those procedures are instituted in the first place).
As a character, House fascinates me and repels me in equal measure. But I don't know how long I can watch this show if he never changes at all. Warm and fuzzy House would be gagworthy, certaintly, but the character has to grow or change a little bit -- even if it's for the worse.
Wow. The writers have to know how slashtastic last night's episode was, don't they? It's not just me, right? A rectal thermometer, veiled threats, posturing, squaring off... Good god, House and Officer Whoever wanted each other baaaad.
Someone elsewhere commented that she didn't like how cliched the cop's character was, but I have to say I disagree. The stereotype of the bully cop is usually all brawn, no brain, an easily provoked muscle-bound thug with a license to carry a gun and a shitload of inferiority issues. David Morse's cop (and what is it with him playing only nasty characters anymore, Hack aside?) was calm, intelligent, and willing to play his cards over the course of a few days, which is actually scarier to me. He seems like a decent cop, too (and clearly a detective) because he used the things he had observed about House to make his arrest later.
No idea how that's going to end up. Certainly House won't be imprisoned for any length of time, since he's the star of the fucking show, and the addiction angle has already been done to death, hasn't it?
I know it's not a medical show, really. But I am a bit tired of the liberties the writers take with the simplest protocols -- liberties that are the only way to serve the plot most of the time. Giving a patient a rectal exam, and using a rectal thermometer? A nurse is going to be in that room. Come on. I know it's part of House's arrogance that he does whatever the hell he wants but hospital procedure should dictate some protections, if not for the patients, then for the doctors (which is usually why those procedures are instituted in the first place).
As a character, House fascinates me and repels me in equal measure. But I don't know how long I can watch this show if he never changes at all. Warm and fuzzy House would be gagworthy, certaintly, but the character has to grow or change a little bit -- even if it's for the worse.